Where has this been all my life? I can’t stop, I’ve been doing blackout poetry for awhile but turning it into art is next-level.
Creating Your Own
I’ve recently done a blog post on creating blackout poetry here. Check it out for instructions. To turn it into art, it’s very similar:
- With your snipped out piece of text search for your poem within the words and highlight the words by drawing small boxes around them.
- Decide on your creative design and draw it onto the remaining text with your fine tip marker, leaving out the text that you’ve put boxes around for your poem.
- Next, take your sharpie and blackout the rest of the text.
- This leaves your drawing and your poem highlighted.
- You can get creative and use a different coloured marker, aside from black.
“The world is free for all to emulate in his own self-inflicted fairy-tale”
Check out my shop for a printable PDF with detailed instructions on making blackout poetry. This is great for hand-outs and lessons or as a resource.