Plus 20 Kindness Ideas.
Several years ago I made up these posters on RAK week in February. My son and I really got a lot out of distributing them around our neighbourhood and city and it has now become an annual thing that we do. It was so exciting to check back and see what people had taken.
This year I decided to make a PDF version so that I could share it with others to print off and distribute. It’s available to download here.
TAKE WHAT YOU NEED. GIVE WHAT YOU CAN
What are some things you do as Random Acts of Kindness? Please share in the comments below. Here are some ideas:
- Give someone a compliment
- Offer someone assistance
- Offer someone a listening ear
- Encourage others
- Plug someone’s expired parking meter
- Drop off flowers or home baked cookies at a nursing home
- Buy a homeless person a meal or snack
- Pick up litter
- Smile at strangers
- Give up your seat on a crowded bus
- Donate warm clothing and/or blankets to a homeless shelter
- Call a friend or family member instead of texting
- Shovel your elderly neighbour’s driveway when it snows
- Make handmade cards for elderly or/ if permitted visit nursing homes and read to and visit elderly
- Offer a single parent free babysitting to give them a break
- Let someone go ahead of you in line
- Print off or make by hand little cards of inspiration and place randomly on people’s windshields
- Paint tiny rocks with encouraging words on them and leave them around a schoolyard or along a public path
- Make a meal for someone (family member, friend, neighbour and invite them to join you)
- Buy lemonade from kids selling at their lemonade stands
The options are really endless, be sure to get your kids involved. Once you get started the ideas will begin to flow and become part of your daily life.